Feel The Difference
Massage therapy is a regulated health profession and as such, Massage Therapy should be performed by a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT). A Registered Massage Therapist is an individual who has:
- Completed competency-based education at educational institutions recognized by the Government, in my case, Ontario, Canada;
- Completed the Massage Therapy Diploma program in 2-3 years.
- Studied anatomy, physiology, pathology, physical assessment, neurology, treatments, ethics and other subjects;
- Completed a minimum of 150 clinical hours;
- Successfully completed examinations from and have been "registered" by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (the College) in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Massage Therapy Act;
- Maintained their registration by participating in continuing education and a Quality Assurance Program that assists them in the maintenance of high professional standards and quality care of their clients.
It is in your best interest to seek out a Registered Massage Therapist.
Only members of the College are permitted to use the title, Massage Therapist or Registered Massage Therapist or the designation of RMT or MT. All members of the Registered Massage Therapists' Association of Ontario must be registered with the College and are therefore licensed massage therapy practitioners.
There are many qualified individuals in our community who can provide a great Massage experience. When you choose a Registered Massage Therapist, you can have peace of mind knowing that a Registered Massage Therapist is a medical professional under the Health Care Practitioners Act and the Massage Therapy Act. This ensures Registered Massage Therapists put the well-being of the client first and foremost.